Friday, March 27, 2009

The aesthetics responsive technologies

For my independent project I would like to examine how responsive technologies can be used to increase the visual appeal either in the home or in places such as bars or clubs. Specifically I am going to focus on the possibility of creating a responsive network in my room that would have a functioning set of senors and lights. My first goal and step is going to be examining possible sensors and lights at the local hardware stores. After I see what is available, I will design a plan to rig my room with the technology. Once I have a viable plan, I would install the technologies and document the process via pictures and blog posts.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have figured out a good starting plan based off our discussion on friday. Do you intend to use specific colors like red, yellow, and green to imply certain movements?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to speculate on the bigger picture: How does this technology that is functioning in your room work at a larger scale, in a larger place, with more people present? What is the marketability of this type of technology? Does the payback or what these bars or clubs would get out of this technology justify the cost of putting it in? Good work.... Keep going.

    ReplyDelete